Electric Brewing

It’s possible you can tap into the supply line under the sink with some kind of valve that t’s off. I’ve never actually seen this, just read about it, so I don’t know what it would take. But a little online research should give you the answer.

Thanks, I thought about doing that as well. I had an under-sink RO system that I've since removed - it was leaky and just a p.i.t.a., but the line tap is still there. I may re-purpose it.

If you go all electric and use Spike Brewing non-vent boil cover, you could do it in the basement without adding any venting to the outside.

Here's the link: https://spikebrewing.com/collections/tri-clamp-kettle-accessories/products/steam-condenser-lid

I thinking of going this way so I don't have the cost of adding a vent hood and punching a hole through the concrete wall.

I saw this in a brewery one time and thought it was pretty slick. The steam from the boil is directed into a tube that turns downward and a small spray of water condenses the steam in the downward facing tube and it went down the drain. This one has a pump that creates a fine mist that lands in a bucket. The water can be recirculated. Very compact, but a little pricey. But so are hoods and vents.

I have one similar and the issue is I waste more than 20 gallons of water keeping steam away, my water bill is too high to waste that much water, that's why I created a waterless version

I brew 10L batches inside on an induction hob (actually the stove in the kitchen) and use the normal kitchen hood to clear the steam. I do still have a bit of a condensation problem, but not too bad. The hops/wort smell is another matter...

Current setup is a 20L kettle, re-circ pump and plate chiller. This seems to take up less space than the previous immersion chiller setup without pump, but it may just be because that part is getting more organised. I still seem to spread out my shit over most of the kitchen...

Yea mine too! Hey anyone out there using a Brewha setup? If so, give us the deets!

Back