Dumb Transfer Mistake

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has made the same mistake I just did. I do secondary in a corny and then transfer to another corny for carbonation/serving. Pretty straightforward, CO2 to push from the liquid out in corny 1 to the liquid out in corny 2.

I was moving too fast and ended up transferring from the liquid out in corny 1 to the gas in in corny 2. I'm sure I churned the crap out of the beer.

Life will go on, I'll still have beer. But I'm curious if anyone else has made the same mistake and noticed anything in the final.

Cheers!

If corny2 was filled with CO2 and not air, you probably helped with the carbonation process. If corny2 was filled with air, RDWHAHB.

Yeah, that's how I feel. It was filled with CO2. I load corny 2 up with sanitizer, and push through everything into a bucket for that reason.

Reactions: J A
If corny2 was filled with CO2 and not air, you probably helped with the carbonation process. If corny2 was filled with air, RDWHAHB.
And have it quickly, before the beer oxidizes.

for that reason I don't do it that way, I don't have any splashing, its visually monitored to not allow any bubbles, then I do a 4 pull oxygen blow out just from the head space, Ive been thinking about a no air intrusion system to go from fermenter to the keg then from the keg to the other without touching the air but I've got too many projects going lol

Circling back on this for future reference.

The beer (Mosaic Dry Hopped Blonde) finished carbonating and was tapped on October 7th. I was pulling samples everyday to see how the process was going. As @jeffpn predicted, I think it sped up the process by a day or so.

Taste was great. Two and a half weeks later, on October 25th, the last pint still tasted good. Granted it didn't sit for that long, but there were never any signs of oxidation.

Back