Dry hopping during high and low krausen

Bennyboyca

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Yesterday I started a new brew (double dry hopped pale) and now it’s stated the fermentation process. This is the first brew that I’ve come across that says to dry hop dry hop during high krausen and dry hop during low krausen.

I know when to get the hops in for high krausen but can anyone advise how I know/ when it’s at low krausen??

Thanks,
Ben.

I would do it after krausen starts to drop but before the bubbling dies off too much. This is usually between day 4 and day 5. For me there is about a 2 day window from the time krausen starts to drop until it is gone, so sometime in that window would be good.

Hi guys! Yesterday I started a new brew (double dry hopped pale) and now it’s stated the fermentation process. This is the first brew that I’ve come across that says to dry hop dry hop during high krausen and dry hop during low krausen.

I know when to get the hops in for high krausen but can anyone advise how I know/ when it’s at low krausen??

Thanks,
Ben.
I do BIAB and use a Big Mouth Bubbler fermenter. High Krausen for me is about 2/3 days in. Low Krausen is probably 5/6 days in. I use 2 packets of liquid yeast. It attenuates pretty fast.

Simple math would be do first dry hop on day 2, do second dry hop on day 5. Or whenever you remember.

Honestly I just dump it all in at yeast pitch these days and can't tell a difference.

I just tried for the first time dumping my first dry hop addition on day 3 and every 2 days until I was done with my dry hops. The krausen was in full bloom on day 3 and 5. I used Imperial A38 Juice yeast. Seem like it could go on for another week.

Back