Dry hop

Good deal. Congrats!

Just transferring my Centennial Pale Ale. (recipe below) First brew with the all in one Digiboil setup came off without a hitch. Ended up at 91% Mash/Lauter efficiency and 79% Brewhouse efficiency. A bit better than anticipated. Saved about an hour over the 2 vessel system too,
Centennial Pale Ale.jpg

Attachments

• Centennial Pale Ale.pdf
    189.4 KB · Views: 53
I recently read a brulosophy on dry hopping. I had a west coast IPA in the fermenter at the time. After reading the article, I measured up some hops, and did an unplanned second hop addition. The added flavor and aroma are very noticable. I had been lamenting that I have not been getting the aroma I have been hoping for in my IPA's. Turns out I just need to add more hops!!! If I recall correctly, 1 oz Per gallon is the optimum dry hop rate.

I may have to look into the electric type kettle. Looks like it boiled up nicely for you...

Just transferring my Centennial Pale Ale. (recipe below)
I for one appreciate when you post your recipes. They always seem so well thought out.
The IPA I brewed back in the summer was very similar to your Centennial Pale Ale. The only major difference was I dry hopped with both Cascade and Centennial. It turned out really well. Nice combination, those. Funny, according to the latest Beer & Brewing, Cascade and Centennial had the two biggest losses in planted acreage from 2018 to 2019. Not my fault!

I for one appreciate when you post your recipes. They always seem so well thought out.
The IPA I brewed back in the summer was very similar to your Centennial Pale Ale. The only major difference was I dry hopped with both Cascade and Centennial. It turned out really well. Nice combination, those. Funny, according to the latest Beer & Brewing, Cascade and Centennial had the two biggest losses in planted acreage from 2018 to 2019. Not my fault!

Thanks for the compliment. I try not to post recipes that aren't tried and true. The Centennial Pale was actually modified when I discovered that I had an open bag with 1/2 pound of C-75 and subbed it in for the C-60 that was in my original recipe. During the same edit, I removed the dry hop addition believing that the late addition kettle hops would give the beer plenty of flavor and aroma. The dry hop addition was an ounce each of Cascade and Centennial. Surprise :)

Back