drank a bud after 15 years....

The worst beer I've ever tasted however is Miller High Life.
That is a bad beer. All I get in the nose is ass. Has a lot of sulfur in it.

I once bought a six pack of Pabst, Miller High Life and Bud. I had my wife pour each in a tasting glass along with an American lager I made. The first one I tried smelled like ass and I got worried it was mine. But after trying them all I managed to identify each beer correctly. If you haven't done this, you should give it a try because there is a big difference between them when you line them up like that. It's a good homebrew club exercise. The bad thing about it is you have to choke down the ones you don't like, otherwise it's alcohol abuse if you dump them.

That is a bad beer. All I get in the nose is ass. Has a lot of sulfur in it.

I once bought a six pack of Pabst, Miller High Life and Bud. I had my wife pour each in a tasting glass along with an American lager I made. The first one I tried smelled like ass and I got worried it was mine. But after trying them all I managed to identify each beer correctly. If you haven't done this, you should give it a try because there is a big difference between them when you line them up like that. It's a good homebrew club exercise. The bad thing about it is you have to choke down the ones you don't like, otherwise it's alcohol abuse if you dump them.
I should try this. Fairly confident that if I did it with Bud, Labbatt and Genny (lager) that I could nail then all

Miller High Life reminds me of my pre-high school days. A buddy's mom always kept a bunch of the small bottles of them in the fridge. She couldn't drink a full 12oz I guess. They work just fine when you're 13-14 years old.

Na perfect reflection there HVM :p!
I've tried Bid about 10 years back bought a 6 pack for a bbq drunk half shared the other three. I've not drunk none since and not likely to till the day I die:rolleyes:
Nothing I remember horribly wrong with it just mass produced beer.

I can drink a regular Bud (I call it Bud-Diesel). However, I have yet to ever buy any off the shelf myself. Bud Light on the other hand is very hard to stomach. All the domestic Light/Lite beers taste like sucking on a penny to me.

I can drink a regular Bud (I call it Bud-Diesel). However, I have yet to ever buy any off the shelf myself. Bud Light on the other hand is very hard to stomach. All the domestic Light/Lite beers taste like sucking on a penny to me.
I don't think I would have ever come up with the penny thing but now they you've said it I kinda get exactly what you mean

@Megary I'm just leaving Wegmans where I picked up a 12 pack of 12 Horse and they actually have a limited release of a dry-hopped version of their Cream Ale. I passed for now but figured it might interest some of the rest of you

@SabreSteve !! I found it!
I don’t care that in no way can reality ever match my sentimental nostalgia for this beer. To be honest, it’s a nice session beer, touch of sweet maltiness, kind of an overcarbed English Pale. A great refrigerator beer. But having one of these takes me back to simpler times, and that’s good enough for me. (Wish I had found it in those awesome stubby bottles, but this will do!)

B8C6A374-70DB-4B09-A820-DAA7BB989E10.jpeg

@SabreSteve !! I found it!
I don’t care that in no way can reality ever match my sentimental nostalgia for this beer. To be honest, it’s a nice session beer, touch of sweet maltiness, kind of an overcarbed English Pale. A great refrigerator beer. But having one of these takes me back to simpler times, and that’s good enough for me. (Wish I had found it in those awesome stubby bottles, but this will do!)

View attachment 13111
I haven't seen them do anything in stubby bottles for a couple years. When they first did their spring bock in those I was all about it

Also I don't know if you've tried their Schwarzbier but it's pretty good too. Very sessionable, infact the first year they sold it they labeled it as "Dark session lager". Worth a try

I had some buds at the brewery in St.Louis and I must say that it actually tasted really good. Of course that was way back in 1998 and I was under the impression that Rolling Rock was "craft beer".

Back