Don't feed the mice with your grain

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I'm guilty, mice love grain especially flaked barely, for that reason I moved all of my grain to sealed plastic containers but I was over confident and left a couple of experimental bags of food saver sealed grain mashed between a heavy pile of containers thinking they couldn't get to it, I was wrong, I caught 6 mice before figuring out what was going on, time to clean out and reorganize my grain stash, long time coming too

just a tip I created a tunnel between the wall and a stack of plastic containers the trap fit perfect between so they had to jump over or step on it, and baited with chunky peanut butter

Well Oz I just moved into a new joint and haphazardly tossed my to drums of malt in my garden shed out the back next morning I discovered rats had knawed their way through the plastic drum and were feeding happily on malted barley:mad:.

I moved them into the house and have declared war on them! They chose the wrong guys malt stash me being in the pest control game ha hahaha :cool: I've caught two on T-Rex traps laced with chook feed so far and I've placed some baits out which are all eaten mmmm there's some crook rodents living around me ...

oh, speaking of thieves, I have a dozen squires eating on my tomatoes ruining my crop this year, one huge or more than one moles that’s eating up my yard and I mean huge, at least an 8" hole, I guess I'm the nice guy they take advantage of, at least 10 different birds pecking at the yard, every morning it’s a mecca of wild life outside and theirs the rabbits that only come out at night just enough to create a path my dog follows I tell ya I'm a lifer but this is ridiculous

Bloody hell Ozarks im in the wrong country doing this pest control i can obviously make a lot more over there:p.

You get many termite problems in houses round your neck of the woods?

I here fire ants a real bad in parts in America tooo_O.

Bloody hell Ozarks im in the wrong country doing this pest control i can obviously make a lot more over there:p.

You get many termite problems in houses round your neck of the woods?

I here fire ants a real bad in parts in America tooo_O.
All of the above, depending on where you are.

I deal with a lot with termites chewing people's houses apart but moles digging up your yard that is a different kettle of fish. Are they classified as a pest or are they protected?

a pest I believe, we can kill them, the problem in the US especially around schools and churches you can’t do anything because of liability or law suits, guns or high level poisons are banned in the city anyway

Back