(DONE) Yeast Additions

Suwanneerefugee

Trial Member
Reaction score
I know we've talked about many times on here about adding additional yeasts and it seems that you're doing this. What I would like to see is an "Other" yeast in the yeast section that would allow you type in what yeast you're using if you don't use one of the preassigned yeasts.

Also, with so many sour and Brett strains coming out, it would be nice to have a Yeast tab where you could keep track of the yeasts that you use and the flavor profiles that are produced.

Re: Yeast Additions

There is a checkbox for 2nd / Custom yeast where you can fill in the name of the yeast if it is not in the list.

We are working on a way for everyone to have their own custom defined yeasts, which can be shared and searched.

Oh, thanks. Never saw that.

I guess in addition to that I would like there to be a way to split a batch by yeasts. So, lets say you did a 10g batch and split different ways, ie hops, yeast, partigyle, etc. Maybe incorporate a split screen. Just a thought.

Suwanneerefugee said:
I guess in addition to that I would like there to be a way to split a batch by yeasts. So, lets say you did a 10g batch and split different ways, ie hops, yeast, partigyle, etc. Maybe incorporate a split screen. Just a thought.

That would be a bit challenging because it would involve splitting up the brew session to understand both fermentations are happening. It is completely possible though. I have started a new thread for that. Recommend +1'ing it.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=806

Re: (NEXT RELEASE) Yeast Additions

The next release will include over 70 new yeast strains.

East Coast Yeast... Siebel Institute, Mangrove Jack, Brett strains, White Lab Whiskey strains...

The recipe editor will also get a yeast brand drop down so the results can be easily filtered. Can't wait for everyone to get this. The iPhone app will also get the new yeasts.

Note: this is not the exact thing you asked for in terms of the ability to track your own flavors / behaviors for the yeast. However... that can be done in the brew log notes, or the notes section. All these yeast have manufacturer provided attenuation, flocculation, temperature range, and alcohol tolerance. In the interests of accuracy and time savings we felt it was best if we maintain the yeast list.

New yeasts are live. (That sounds kind of strange....)

The recipe editor has the new yeast brand drop down.

iPhone app will get these new yeasts soon as well. We are in the final stages of testing.

Back