(DONE) Option to Deduct from Inventory - Brew Session

the_jetset

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I finally made the jump to premium member! ;)

I saw on the forum that the option to deduct from inventory for a brew session was in the works.

Any updates on that?

Cheers!

Re: Option to Deduct from Inventory - Brew Session

I think this would be a good addition to BF.

Having worked (briefly) on the design of an inventory management system about 6 years ago I can see there being two additional features being requested further down the line...
- Brewing Schedule (i.e. I intend to brew recipe X on date Y - do I have all the necessary ingredients?), which would in turn drive...
- Re-order points per ingredient

Features like that might not necessarily be used by the majority of BF users, but it would be advantageous for those of us for whom home brewing is no longer a hobby but more of an all-consuming obsession.

And the option to find recipes "I can brew" based on inventory was a component to this. We want to do this, but it is not scheduled in a release at the moment. Currently doing work related to plato, batch/kettle volume, and efficiency. Also adding metric support to remaining calculators.

Hi There,

Just upgraded to premium also - great site and very easy to use.

Can I add a vote to this feature request also? It would be very useful as I'm already finding that tracking a whole selection of specialty grains and leftover hops is becoming a chore.

Hi guys,
Yep, we hear you and we will work on this.

Now we have two topics going on this subject... popular stuff!
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=136

LarryBrewer said:
Currently doing work related to plato, batch/kettle volume, and efficiency. Also adding metric support to remaining calculators.
Just saw you added the plato feature. Thats awesome, thank you :!:
(my hydrometer happens to be in plato...)

Okay, the inventory deduction feature will go out in the next release. See this related thread for detail and a screen shot of what it will look like:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=136&p=1391#p1391

The inventory deduction option is now live. Try it out and let us know how it goes.

Back