Done Judging

I been thinking of going down the judging path. We have a well seasoned judge in our club that will team up with me. It would be my luck to end up on beers I don’t like.

Good for you Nosybear!
It's part of it. I was on IPAs for my first flight. I'm not particularly fond of most IPAs and let's just say most of those brewers have a bright career in basket making ahead of them. The beers were so far off we couldn't even judge some of them! We finally got one with a good hop nose, tasted of swamp water. As I said, it's part of it. When I was put on Experimentals, I thought damn, two in a row. But I was pleasantly surprised! It was two of the Experimentals that beat out my Kentucky Common for best of show and they deserved the award. I'd have had silver but we insisted on passing two of the beers to best of show (of course, I didn't know that at the time!).

I submited a KC for our August club quarterly (historic). They are judged for competition and then people’s choice on club night. Looking forward to that process once again.

I been thinking of going down the judging path. We have a well seasoned judge in our club that will team up with me. It would be my luck to end up on beers I don’t like.

Good for you Nosybear!
Since I've got entries in my preferred styles anyway ill be stuck judging light lagers , Belgians or fruits

Back