(DONE) Combine items in Shopping List

Lee Tucker

Trial Member
Reaction score
Currently when you add multiple recipes to the shopping list, it adds an item for each ingredient. This has caused me to make a couple errors when figuring out what I need. I would like to see like items combined in the list.
In other words, it one recipe calls for 12lbs of 2-row and another calls for 7.25, I'd like to see them combined into 19.25 needed to buy instead of being listed separately.

Also, if you have the item in inventory, it should be deducted from the amount needed in the shopping list.

Thanks!
Lee

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 704
Re: Combine items in Shopping List

Sometimes brewers buy all the grain for a recipe in one bag (mixing the base grains and the specialty grains). That approach saves on bags at the LHBS and the grain for the entire recipe is then ready to crush on brew day. Those people would want to keep the grain bills separate.

That said, I can see how being able to combine things in a more automated fashion would be useful. Maybe we can come up with a way of grouping things, so the total is displayed, but the contributing recipes are also shown.

Also, if you have the item in inventory, it should be deducted from the amount needed in the shopping list.
We would set that up as an optional override, in case the inventory item goes with a different recipe.

Re: (NEXT RELEASE) Combine items in Shopping List

The next release will include some nice enhancements to the inventory/shopping list section that will address this.

September release is live!

The shopping list page will now group related items and show a sub total. The individual lines are still there so you can see which recipes they go with, but you can also see the total.

Attachments

• shopping_grouped.png
    shopping_grouped.png
    53 KB · Views: 548

Back