Different Intertap ?

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I was/am in the process of assembling me new 3 tap font tower and whilst giving me intertaps a bath in brew cleaner i noticed some subtle (i think improoved) differences in the new Intertap certainly some tweeks have been made AND not All Intertaps are made the sameo_O.
20180808_141713.jpg

Here in this above photo you see the outlet side of the tap one on the left is new tap see no sholder where the spout would seat into so better less interupted(foam stability) flow. Right is old one wider sholder and a few burs.
20180808_141558.jpg

Now this ones the back end or inlet side. Left is new right is old just a slightly different stoper/sliding mechanism with old one more bullet shaped and new on left more rounded. Also the the bore looks larger by a smidgin.

20180808_143103.jpg

Oh and above the nossel/spout attachment has a different thread:mad:meaning they aint interchangeable dam it. Thread is narrower and its got an added O ring which i like (i mighta not used one on the older one though:)).

Last is a side by side
Subtle coller and hat nurling. Any who let me know whatcha think? Youse bought a new one lately what differences you notice? Oh and "ultratap" whatdyaknow about these new forward sealers? Cheers:).
20180808_141840.jpg

Intertap is a kegland product now .
Ultratap is KegKing .

There's all sorts of dirty laundry being aired by the old directors and I'm staying right the hell out of it .
I do feel for lhbs operators who are now competing against Kegland who seem to be engaging in a price war .
The changes will be down to patent protection which is kinda ironic since the intertap is a reversed engineered knock off of a Perlick

Oh and add trademark and patent pending symbols where needed
Yes i didnt take a photo but i noticed the new Intertap had a pat pending inscription underneath but the brandname "intertap" old one had "intertap with trademark symbol " thats what made me think theres a knockoff floating about.

Yes kegland have some awesome prices i went with KK for this purchase.
Ive also recently as of last few months started to recieve emails from kegland (who knows how they got my email) are they a new company @Mark D Pirate .

From what I've read. Intertap had patent issues with ventmatic and had to change the design by a touch but that was a while back. I do love my Intertaps though.

Yes im definitely not knocking them (intertap) just putting it out there on the şubtle differences and the different spout thread.

Back