Did i damage my beer?

BlackRiver

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have been working 60+ hours a week and with what little spare time available I have been working on my first keezer. Low and behold i got it finished last sunday with the exception of my thermostat regulator. I ordered it Sunday night and it arrived yesterday. My keg had been carbing since sunday so i drilled the whole for the regulator sensor, set everything up, rolled the dial to 43 and plugged it in. Awhile later i came back and my freezer was still running and the extra thermometer i had set up had my keezer around 30 degrees and ice was forming inside. Unplugged everthing, hooked the regulator to a lamp to test it at room temp and couldn't get it to turn the lamp off... I guess my question is.. Is my beer giong to be skunk? Being that it got really cold and will now get back to room temp until i have a new regulator shipped? BUMMMED OUT.

*Was the MicroMatic E26

I ferment my lagers at 55°. When fermentation is complete, I lager the batch in a carboy at 34° for 4 weeks. Then I bottle it, and the bottles stay at room (basement) temperature, probably 67° or so. They sit for 3-4 weeks, then I'll put a couple bottles in the fridge at a time to drink. I don't think that's a whole lot different than your scenario. I haven't skunked any yet.

its fine, don't over do it and let it thaw naturally and nothing will go wrong

Back