Descaling Picos

Dilbert Fizzwinkle

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that I am the only Pico Brewer here at this time and I had to descale my Pico Pro yesterday morning. Usually a couple of hours of work guarantees me around a hundred liters of brewing.
Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Until your back goes out! THEN, it's a real B*tch!
So of course, I am now descaling my Pico Model C.
Same back. Same B*tch!
THIS is what divorce prepares you for.
Nothing but a pain in the ass!
Of course, there is the benefit of being able to brew up to TWO HUNDRED liters before they need it again!
Upon reflection, life is good.
Just sayin'.

I've never used a Pico, but they seem interesting. I brew 21 or 42 liter batches so it seemed small to me but they are neat tech.

During the bankruptcy sale I was going to put in a bid on a Speidel Braumeister but didn't. Then I saw a used one sitting at the LHBS on consignment for around $1,500.... Should have put in that bid.

During the bankruptcy sale I was going to put in a bid on a Speidel Braumeister but didn't. Then I saw a used one sitting at the LHBS on consignment for around $1,500.... Should have put in that bid.

I got my Pico Pro for four hundred nib while they were going for seven hundred ninety five dollars.
It came with a hundred dollar gift card for PicoPaks.
End result? My costs were three hundred even.
My Pico Model C I bought used off of E-Bay for two hundred even because it came with an extra serving keg and an extra brewing keg.
Even though it took five deep cleans before I could use it, I still made out like a bandit!
Life is good.

Back