Darkness by Imperial - Early Thoughts

Lucky for you it was a darker beer but ive found using a ferm chamber I'll only hold the temp a day or three then start bumping temp so I'm reckoning as long as you had it at recommend pitch temp for atleast the start of fermentation you might find you'll have a lovely beer to thankyou for it:rolleyes:.
Yeah I think it'll be all good. I'm just like a worrying parent with my beers and I'm always curious what others think when something is imperfect. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I think it'll be all good. I'm just like a worrying parent with my beers and I'm always curious what others think when something is imperfect. Thanks for the feedback.
I'm a little rough around the edges brewer experience will clip your wings a bit as a brewer as in you ll get burned a time or two and wont make that mistake again. I've found yeast if handled well and you know their boundaries are pretty forgiving...

@vthokiedsp - While I doubt I will ever try this yeast (I like dry strains), I love when brewers post this type of stuff for the rest of us! Please continue to keep us updated! I'd love to see pics and a write up of both beers! :)

I'm a little rough around the edges brewer experience will clip your wings a bit as a brewer as in you ll get burned a time or two and wont make that mistake again. I've found yeast if handled well and you know their boundaries are pretty forgiving...
Yeah I got my wings clipped last summer for sure, I casually put my fermenter (with Mangro Jacks Liberty yeast) into my living room during 90+ degree weather, was probably at least 80 in my house, no ac. Beer was...an abomination.

Just tasted the darkness beers and surprisingly there was a pretty big difference in the two conicals. One was down to 1017, 5.2% abv, the other all the way down to 1010, 6% abv, you could taste the extra sugar. No off flavors at all, a lot of coffee on the nose, both tasted good. Added some maple syrup for fun and will wait another week.

Hopefully didn't ruin the 1017 one by accidentally pushing a few oz's of the star san from the blow off bucket, into the tank. Usually I wouldn't be concerned but there are a hand full of dead moths floating around in that damn bucket.

Yeah I got my wings clipped last summer for sure, I casually put my fermenter (with Mangro Jacks Liberty yeast) into my living room during 90+ degree weather, was probably at least 80 in my house, no ac. Beer was...an abomination.

Just tasted the darkness beers and surprisingly there was a pretty big difference in the two conicals. One was down to 1017, 5.2% abv, the other all the way down to 1010, 6% abv, you could taste the extra sugar. No off flavors at all, a lot of coffee on the nose, both tasted good. Added some maple syrup for fun and will wait another week.

Hopefully didn't ruin the 1017 one by accidentally pushing a few oz's of the star san from the blow off bucket, into the tank. Usually I wouldn't be concerned but there are a hand full of dead moths floating around in that damn bucket.
Oh no:eek:.
Gee I hope not.
We live and learn eh;)?

Dead Moths!!! o_O Yikes!!!
Well, if it does turn out well, you could:
A) have fun with creating a name for it
B) have no hope of every duplicating what you have done there!

Ben!
Is "Eh?" a thing in Aussie land too?
We Canuckians are well known for saying "Eh?"
Its a Country Queensland thing more so we finish out sentences with aye.

Oh that a great beer aye.
Eh is kinda like aye to me like your always asking a question.

Have brewed with Omega Darkness and Juice, both with great results in ambient basement mid 60s temps. Pitched Darkness to OG 1.079 honey porter and got to 1.019, 74.5% attenuation without a starter. So overall very happy with Omega. I use mail order so can get back to liquid yeast with cooler weather coming.

Back