Dampfbier

Reaction score
Anyone tried this style of beer?
Read an older article in BYO

I plan on trying this out on my next brew as I'm currently on a run using Wyeast 3333 German Wheat as it is.
If you've tried this before check out my recipe and let me know if you've tried something different. Thanks.

Had one last week brewed by Elk Mountain Brewing in Parker, CO. LOVE IT!!!! It's an ale but it's distinctly German. Think Koelsch but with the esters even more pronounced, copper colored, dry.... It's on my "To Brew" list.

I'll be brewing this in two weeks when I bottle the roggenbier I brewed. This is to figure out which one I will have on tap for the rest of summer. It's going to be the last contestant, but one I'm very much interested in trying. I like the history as well as the tasting notes I've read, including yours, sound like a nice summer brew.

just a fyi that beer's flavor is defined by the yeast and fermentation temps so don't change anything and you'll be fine

the base recipe is my common beer but with a different yeast

Just bottled today. The sample for fg reminds me of banana bread. Very good. I was scared at the end of the brew because I thought it seemed salty and I was worried I mixed up a mineral addition or something. No hint of that here. This is probably one I'll make more often.

Back