D.W.B. in water chemistry

JedTodd

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, can we have D.W.B. added to the water chemistry section of the recipe builder, t.i.a

Hi, they are a mixture of brewing salts used here in the u.k.

Hi, they are a mixture of brewing salts used here in the u.k.

We need very specific info from the manufacturer- since it's a blend of salts we would need to know the exact amounts in grams that it wouls provide to the water. This is the first request we've had for this product, and I've never heard of it.

Hope the link helps, we have used it over here for many, many years. I hope the link explains it better. I have e mailed them to ask for the exact composition you require. Are their any other u.k. brewers on here that use D.w.b.? if so please raise your hands, lol, Many thanks, Jed
DWB-TDS-2018.pdf (murphyandson.co.uk)

Last edited:
As an update, Murphy's will not release specific amounts of ingredients, as they are trademarked. Therefore please feel free to remove this thread, cheers

As an update, Murphy's will not release specific amounts of ingredients, as they are trademarked. Therefore please feel free to remove this thread, cheers

I’ll leave it, in case someone else has the same question and why we don’t have it.

I wonder why they won’t release the info, as others need it to know how much to add, unless they are expected everyone to use distilled water and use a set amount of DWB to always have the results they claim. That would sure make it hard to use for the vast majority of people.

There's some odd misinformation in this thread. the mineral contribution from DWB is published by the manufacturer and in the linked TDS in this thread.

It's so commonly used by (I'm guessing thousands) of Brewers in UK/Europe as it's readily available and precisely because the dosing gives a boost to calcium, sulphate and chloride in one hit.

Excerpt from the TDS and more precise information on the formulation/composition.

pyOVpkZ.png

There's some odd misinformation in this thread. the mineral contribution from DWB is published by the manufacturer and in the linked TDS in this thread.

It's so commonly used by (I'm guessing thousands) of Brewers in UK/Europe as it's readily available and precisely because the dosing gives a boost to calcium, sulphate and chloride in one hit.

Excerpt from the TDS and more precise information on the formulation/composition.

pyOVpkZ.png
Thank you for that info!

pyOVpkZ.png

@Pricelessbrewing Could you open an issue for adding this? I’m going to be out of the office for a while on vacation and won’t have access aside from random internet availability. Thanks so much!

Absolutely, as long as the info is available like above then it's relatively straightforward to add! Thanks for sharing @Bellebouche

Back