Custom home made beer cooler

Dogwood

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Getting close to being far enough in my home remodel to start thinking/plan my basement bar. I need to keep the back bar depth to a minimum so I am thinking of building a fridge close to the width of a corny keg and 6 kegs wide. Plan on reusing fridge components but am having a hard time finding info on it. Has anyone here done it or has re-fridge knowledge?
I came across some 20" wide hickory live edge slabs for the bar top, think its going to be stunning!!

I am not an HVAC person. but if I needed to make something like that. would get a used fridge and litterally saws-all everything forward of the evaporator. then incorporate it into your biuld.

I am not an HVAC person. but if I needed to make something like that. would get a used fridge and litterally saws-all everything forward of the evaporator. then incorporate it into your biuld.

That's what I was thinking, just hoping for some wisdom before I do it!!

The hickory live edge slabs I found are 20 inches wide, and I believe they'll look great as the bar top. What to do if you want to buy a used refrigerator that completely guts the area in front of the evaporator?

Back