Custom Cleanup Steps

DrPaulsen

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a custom "clean up" list in the Brew Steps editor. I have a standard set of cleanup steps that I need to remind myself to go through every time that are easy to forget. Most of the stuff is pretty standard and nearly impossible to forget (e.g. shovel out mash tun, drain HLT, etc), but some of the easiest-to-forget steps can make a big difference (e.g. drain the Counter-flow-chiller, disassemble ball valves & rinse out, drain pumps, etc).

Maybe the list could just be titled "custom steps" and be placed below all the standard sections in the Brew Steps list. If any of them are interleaved on brew day, it would be up to the brewer to know that. Entries for the custom list could maybe be generated and stored in a tab within the Brewer's Profile page.

Thankfully, our architecture bakes in the idea of customizing the list of steps. However, we still need to build the admin pages that would allow that. There is some tricky logic to keep in mind, like not deleting the boil section, or other steps that must be there. Drag and drop, sort of like the Netflix movie queue would be nice as well.

This could also fit into the work to support for multiple languages.

Thank you also for the intermediate suggestion. Ultimately we do want to tackle this, but not sure when we would schedule it.

Thanks for the info. This is a feature I've wanted for a long time in a piece of brewing software. Since process flow management is critical to consistently making good beer and everyone's set up is slightly different, it only makes sense to me to have custom process steps. I'm in no hurry here -- take your time with the development.

Back