Cream Ale.

I should make one sometime in the next few weeks to keep me busy, seems like we have a top notch guy giving a recipe there too.

My Kentucky Common is effectively a dark cream ale. Recipe is available on the site.
Could you link it here Nosy? I tried searching the recipes but wasn't sure which of the endless list it may have been - brewer names in that list would help... Peeking through that list though made me realize I should start adding pictures to my recipes!

Last version of my cream ale, color is a bit lighter now that I've adjusted the recipe for the electric system.
Blonde.jpg

Hey Charlie!

Glad you’ve enjoyed Paupack Cream Ale. You can just add the Flaked Maize right to the mash. I created this beer and am happy to share some info.

Here is a home brew version of the beer:

OG: 1.046
FG: 1.011
ABV: 4.5% ABV
IBU: 15
SRM: 3.3

7.5 Gal Boil/ 5.5 Gal Recipe

Grain Bill:

6.0 lbs: American Pale 2-Row
1.3 lbs: German Vienna
1.2 lbs: American Flaked Maize
0.5 lbs: German Carafoam

Hops:

60 min- 15 IBU- Bravo

Yeast: Kolsch/ German Ale

Brewing Instructions:

Mash at 152F for 60 minutes. Use a 1.25 qt/ lb water to grain ratio. Vorlauf until clear. Collect 7.5 Gallons in the Kettle. Boil 60 minutes and follow hop schedule. Cool to 62F and transfer to fermenter. Ferment until terminal gravity is reached, keep temp below 70F. (If possible) transfer beer into a C02 purged corny keg under 3-5 PSI and lager for 1 week. If you cannot do this, just store the beer cold 1 week before drinking. Bottle or keg and enjoy!

**Add-On**

For those that are not familiar with Paupack Cream Ale, it is on the lighter/ drier end of the style’s spectrum. It was intended to be very crushable. This recipe will appeal to anyone looking to brew an every day drinking beer.

If you are looking for a fuller bodied or maltier Cream Ale, you can substitute the Vienna with Munich (10L) and the Carafoam with Flaked Oats or Flaked Barley. I would also recommend increasing the starting and finishing gravity.

If you have any brewing or Cream Ale questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out! I have posted this recipe among others on my profile.

Kick ass dude.

Back