Corny not pouring

TJM

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've run into a problem I've not had before. A corny keg that I've used a lot will not pour. I switched to another keg to test and no problem. I cleaned my lines and tap, which I had just done, to start eliminating things. I replaced the poppits on the bad keg along with the dip tube. The parts I took off bad keg I put on another and ran cleaning solution thru and no problem. I'm stumped. I don't believe I can transfer the beer to another keg . Any ideas/
Thanks

Take the disconnect apart.
Bet something is stuck in there

Hi, I've run into a problem I've not had before. A corny keg that I've used a lot will not pour. I switched to another keg to test and no problem. I cleaned my lines and tap, which I had just done, to start eliminating things. I replaced the poppits on the bad keg along with the dip tube. The parts I took off bad keg I put on another and ran cleaning solution thru and no problem. I'm stumped. I don't believe I can transfer the beer to another keg . Any ideas/
Thanks
Morning, I've switched the dip tube,gas tube,lid and these work on other kegs. Everything works except this one keg

Morning, I've switched the dip tube,gas tube,lid and these work on other kegs. Everything works except this one keg
If you move that keg to another tap, does it work? Have a picnik tap to test on it? What if you charge it and just push the center of the poppet valve on the out?

Something is clogged. Only possibility

Agree that something has to be blocked somewhere. But I have to ask, was the bad keg under pressure? Is it holding pressure?

I only have 1 tap. Thing is, my other kegs work perfectly.

So either the bad keg is not pressurizing, or something has to be blocked on the "out" side.

Change the in and out disconnects and see what you see.

Or it's just empty. :p

I only have 1 tap. Thing is, my other kegs work perfectly.
Then take a screw driver and push the center pin of the "out" port. If nothing comes out and as @Megary said, it is actually holding pressure. Stuff will come out. If it doesn't, then the out port, or dip tube is blocked.

You can pull the prv to test pressure.

One last thought. The center pin on the out port. How easy does that push in? Its possible if it is jammed or not moving smoothly, when you put the ball lock on it, it is not opening the valve

Back