Consistency in recipe ingredients and inventory displays

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
These screen shots should be pretty self explanatory. Viewing ingredients in recipe view is clean, and easy to read. Viewing ingredients in inventory view is jumbled and confusing to read. Much of the displayed details are just noise. Could the inventory view be modified to display in the same format as the recipe view?
Jumbled and confusing
Screenshot_20191210-231935_Chrome.jpg

Clean and easy to read
Screenshot_20191210-232827_Chrome.jpg

Amen Brother Second this totally wish itd look like the second list.

I wanna know malt type and how much in stock but I did get found out last brew on the mashed check box...

Good call Craigerr!

I agree, I'll pass it along!

Edit: Just taking a look at it again, this issue only exists on mobile where the screen width cannot fit the number of columns needed on the inventory page. When looking at inventory on desktop, it's in a nice table.

I'm not sure how best this would be done. Maybe we hide the secondary properties to the edit page in order to have it still be organized? Could hide things like DP, mashed, location, note and updated date?

Last edited:
Thanks, all I really care to see in display mode are the details that are displayed in the recipe view. I use mobile 99% of the time.

If the necessary changes cause problems for those who want all of this detail in PC mode, I wouldn't want to disrupt what works for them.

You bring up a good point as I seldom use a PC for Brewers Friend, what percentage of folks use PC vs Mobile phone.

I actually dont own one missus has a flashy Apple flat screen thing but I'm not allowed on there...:oops: so its phone for me and occasionally iPad.;)

I do use my phone a lot, but prefer my laptop especially when home. I almost always use my laptop when working with recipes, calculators, etc. Scooting around on the forums, posting pics and whatnot are fine with my phone.

I do most of my work on a Microsoft Surface 4 tablet. As Thunderwagn says, pictures, scanning the forums, etc. my Galaxy S8 works just fine.

If I'm designing a new recipe, I use my desktop. The extra screen space just makes it easier. Quick or small edits of existing recipes about 80/20 in favor of desktop vs phone. Forums probably 50/50. But I'm on my computer more than most people.

Back