Comprehensive Water Chemistry Export

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
We already have export facilities for the recipe, Inventory and Brew Log but there is one area I would like to see available and that is the Water Chemistry data. If there currently is such a thing then I have yet to find it.

I would like to be able to compare ALL the water calculation data for all the recipes I have completed so I can see where the recipe versions and water calcs deviate.
We have the data set in the recipe for the Other ingredients such as Gypsum and Calcium Chloride that we add to balance flavour and ions etc. and we can access our My Water Calculations section such as shown here:
upload_2021-7-18_12-18-0.png

But there is no export function. The above would just be the absolute BASIC MINUMUM but I am suggesting a COMPREHENSIVE data output so true comparisons for each recipe and Water Calcs - remember the same recipe can have multiple water calc IDs - which is part of my point here.

Each Record ID has multiple sections within it that constitute the full data set. Drill down to one of your own and see what is detailed - if you haven't done so already.

A suggested minimum field list would be - but others may have different ideas so I suggest the FULL data be exported.

Record ID,
Recipe Name,
Water Volumes (Mash, Sparge, Total).
Source Water Data (full set of fields used),
Target Water Data (Name, Ca+2 Mg+2 Na+ Cl- SO4-2 HCO3- fields and values),
Delta Values,
Salt Additions (Type and values used),
Acid Additions,
Overall Water Report data (all of it!)
Mash Water Report Values (including Range Check deltas)

Others may need / desire more values but all of this data is stored already - we can view it but not export it!

Yes, it will be a big export set (.CSV preferred) - so it can me imported into Excel) but the data is there and the Eport Options could be handled in the same fashion as the Inventory Export - perfect!

@AHarper I'll put in the request, but I say +1 to no txt export just so you don't find issues with it continuously Alan :D

Back