Community Zoom Happy Hour 2024

Once upon a time we entertained the idea of changing the Zoom happy hour to a weekday for one month to try and accommodate more schedules. I wonder if we should consider that again? @Yooper has mentioned Saturdays are bad for her, I think @Megary works on weekends as well

Once upon a time we entertained the idea of changing the Zoom happy hour to a weekday for one month to try and accommodate more schedules. I wonder if we should consider that again? @Yooper has mentioned Saturdays are bad for her, I think @Megary works on weekends as well

For me, the biggest issue isn’t the day of the week unfortunately. It’s just that we stay pretty busy past 5 PM. So no day is any better than an other. I work a couple of days a week at a state park (as a volunteer) so coming home about that time, changing, etc dinner, means I’m just not able to get online until at least 7 PM or so on those days. Other days are just as busy with work, appointments, etc and those things we have to do to maintain a household. So for me, 8 PM is about the time I sit down and relax from the day. Maybe Sunday afternoon would be the only day I could be around before that, but I know it’s an impossible schedule for everyone else!

Any sort of day is fine by me....

But anyway, we started 16.00 your guys time and I disappeared around 18, I think
I'm sure the meeting went on for quite a bit after that
Maybe we just put a message on the monthly zoom once the meeting is finished, so any late comer can quickly check and see it's still going?

Nice to see you all.
Real glad when @sunfire joined as before that, I was the only one with a beer ;)

The only chance i would have to make a Zoom happy hour would be early Sunday morning EST, maybe 7-9 AM or so. That might work for some people in the group, but probably not for most others. Saturdays are near impossible, but weekdays would be even worse. As much as I would like to meet you all, please don’t plan this around me. One of these days the stars will align, I’ll get there.

The only chance i would have to make a Zoom happy hour would be early Sunday morning EST, maybe 7-9 AM or so. That might work for some people in the group, but probably not for most others. Saturdays are near impossible, but weekdays would be even worse. As much as I would like to meet you all, please don’t plan this around me. One of these days the stars will align, I’ll get there.
That works for me, but I'm also the odd one out :)

I’d be up for a Friday night. That would be later than 4 eastern though knocking out @GF Brews and @Zambi. For the most part is there anyone who never makes it because it is Saturday? I’ve thought especially in the summer an occasional impromtu Friday night meet up would not be bad.

The current day and time work best for me, except of course when we have something going on.
Even then I can usually pop in long enough to say hello.
Next month Barb and I are having a weekend away to celebrate our Anniversary and my BD.
I should still be able to join in for an hour or so though.

Saturdays are fine for me, generally, but most any day and time might be equally good. Earlier is ok, but not too early, as I do enjoy having a sip or three.

Back