Common problem

Rodbrew70

Trial Member
Reaction score
I should tack this to 'what am I drinking now' but I'm not sure!
Is it just me or do any of you have the problem of waiting for a potential 'good' brew to come of age and while your waiting you sample 1 or 2 to test the progress. It finally hits it's date and it's good, then next minute, where the bloody hell did all my beer go?? I even accused the missus of having a cheeky few while I was at work!! (that's another story)
Do you all find that once a brew is ready, it's difficult to keep some of it to let it really improve??

Absolutely. I had to hide a few bottles of a sour i did a while back from myself. No way it would have lasted out in the open

that is a common problem, happens to me all the time, thats mainly why I started brewing 10 gallon batches, Ill end up with 5 gallons of great beer lol

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
that is a common problem, happens to me all the time, thats mainly why I started brewing 10 gallon batches, Ill end up with 5 gallons of great beer lol

Gotta agree with this theory but had to go to 20's.
Can't keep the wife out of it ;)

Rodbrew70 said:
I should tack this to 'what am I drinking now' but I'm not sure!
Is it just me or do any of you have the problem of waiting for a potential 'good' brew to come of age and while your waiting you sample 1 or 2 to test the progress. It finally hits it's date and it's good, then next minute, where the bloody hell did all my beer go?? I even accused the missus of having a cheeky few while I was at work!! (that's another story)
Do you all find that once a brew is ready, it's difficult to keep some of it to let it really improve??
Nope, but then I'm a lightweight - one pint per night is about my limit!

To you sir I tips my hat, Nosybear! I do my best not to drink through the week but on Friday after work look out! And when the brew is good the handbrake fails!

Ozarks Mountain Brew said:

Same thing here, though I may end up in the 20's also. My missus is a big contributor to empty kegs too!!! :eek:

Back