Colorado St. Fair Hombrew Competition

GernBlanston

Trial Member
Reaction score
Been thinking of entering a few this year. Anyone else from Colorado thinking about it. Nosybear, you going this year? I can't be there for the judging, so if I should win something, I guess I'd have to have it mailed to me. I can drop the beers off at The Brew Hut, but as far as I know that's all.

http://www.coloradostatefair.com/events ... mpetitions

Doesn't sound like you have to be from Colorado? Is it open to anyone?

MrBIP said:
Doesn't sound like you have to be from Colorado? Is it open to anyone?

Oh I'm, sure it is, it's just that I can't be there, and if for some strange chance I should win something, how do I go about getting my stuff. Nosybear has won there before, I believe, and I was hoping he had some insight.

You don't have to be there for the judging and they'll mail the spoils to you. After the judging, it takes a few days for them to post the results. I'm not sure if it's open to brewers outside of Colorado so check the rules at the link Gern B. provided.

I'll be dropping my entries off at the Brew Hut. Several of your beers should be in the running. They're still using 2008 categories so my Grodziskie will have to go into other smoked beers, the Lemongrass Wheat in specials. It's seven bucks an entry and they want three bottles.

Thanks Nosy. That's just what I needed. I'll probably see you before then, so you will have tasted my Dortmunder. Its so good I hate to give up the three bottles.
Why doesn't every pub in America serve this beer? Is it the name?

Because they like serving fizzy yellow beer, not yellow beer for real "maenner." Looking forward to trying a sip or three!

Registered four beers today. Now the problem is to keep from drinking it up before the competition.

Back