CO2 Tablets

what's the fun in that!? :rolleyes:
Seriously though, if I had to do more than one post-fermentation addition to hit a target, I should probably looking at changing something much earlier in the process...
That's a better plan. I can't think of a good reason to add both acid and base to a beer but I'm sure there's someone out there who will have the idea of dropping a carb tab or baking soda into a beer to carb it, then replacing the acidity.

I've done some tests on adding salts and modifying pH of beer, you can read about it in September's BYO magazine. I've found with dark beers, raising the pH a point or two mellows the roastiness but if you do the same to light beers, they become lifeless and, using the wine term, flabby. On the other hand, light beers can be improved by lowering the pH a point or two, making a bright flavored beer out of one that was lifeless. So if I were to try to carbonate using baking soda, I'd add acidity as well, food-grade lactic acid or phosphoric acid, to balance the change in pH of the beer.
Do you mean adding these things after fermentation?

Hello guys
I have found some CO2 tablets on the internet which is used for fish tank,they produce CO2 for living plants.
can we use these tablets in our brew for more gas? or they will harm human?
sorry for my English
thanks

Hey! Welcome to the forum and while I admire your DIY / Duel use of things as a first post...keep in mind you are ingesting anything thing you are adding to your beer! There is a boat load of brewing know how and expertise on this site so stick to it and you'll be better off but a brave post never the less. It's not Brawndo and the US doesn't need more people putting fish treatment stuff in their bodies thinking it's a quick fix of some kind!

Experts are experts for a very good reason!

Back