Clear Beer Draught System

I think my top of the keg beer is significantly warmer than my bottom of the keg. Intriguing, but I’ll pass.

I’ve got one, 2 things I don't like, it clangs around because its stainless and moves with the level, and the other the top of your beer has more water and less flavor but if you’re creating a milky beer all the time it might be worth it, I shelved mine

the top of your beer has more water and less flavor
Assuming that’s true, you’d eventually have to get to that flavor. It’s still in the keg. In other words, your first glass of the keg would be more watery than the last glass of the keg. Conversely, a standard keg would be just the opposite. Your first glass would have more body or flavor than your last glass, which would be more watery.

correct and it would depend on how fast you drink I guess, it wasn't for me because I use gravity very well in my system and it all clears but its not a bad idea if you don't have clear beer at all and just want it fast

I’ve got one, 2 things I don't like, it clangs around because its stainless and moves with the level, and the other the top of your beer has more water and less flavor but if you’re creating a milky beer all the time it might be worth it, I shelved mine

I guess I don't understand how that could be? Theoretically, (based on your theory) then all the alcohol would be on the top and consumed first as it's lighter than water.

Just taking flavor not alcohol, its cheap try it you just replace the pickup tube with theirs and hook the hose to the it and you’re done, just be careful not to lose the plug to the float arm like i did :eek:

A friend of mine is getting into keg fermenting and he put one on his. It seems to work fairly well.

Back