Cleaning...

I've used alu foil and cling wrap in the past, but I felt bad about throwing so much foil away after just one use.
And cling wrap & me, we are not friends.

I'll have to go back to it

Or maybe a big plastic bag in which I place the whole pot?
I still got a heavy duty food safe one.

Not that I'm anything to go by but every single brew for the last year of so so over 30 brews easy have either sat in the kettle to chill overnight or sat in the fermenter to cool down until tomorrow.

Zero infections at all.

Just pop some alfoil on top I do then the lid.

You wanna use it again turn it over :p

Not that I'm anything to go by but every single brew for the last year of so so over 30 brews easy have either sat in the kettle to chill overnight or sat in the fermenter to cool down until tomorrow.

Zero infections at all.

Just pop some alfoil on top I do then the lid.

You wanna use it again turn it over :p

I tried a few overnight cools and it scared me, but I know you guys in hot climates where water is an issue have it down to something of an art. The - slight - possibility of (particularly botulism) infection spooked me pretty good.

I tried a few overnight cools and it scared me, but I know you guys in hot climates where water is an issue have it down to something of an art. The - slight - possibility of (particularly botulism) infection spooked me pretty good.
Amen man you do what works for you with what you've got at your disposal.

Truly if I was making beer for sale I'd be chilling it and getting it into the fermenter with some yeast asap.

But at home for my own consumption I'm more than happy to chill and let it chill naturally:).

Back