Chapman Thermobarrel

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Ordered a 15 gallon Thermobarrel today, been looking at them for some time and I took 4 very important things into account when I ordered it.

1. Got a VERY nice end of the year bonus from my boss(that I MAY have forgotten to tell my wife about) and squirreled it away in my carpenters "vaction" account.
2. Already rebuilding the brewing system and elected to get another DigiBoil instead of an electric Spike kettle(saved more than enough to make up the difference)
3. Found one in stock from a supplier I trust(they seem to be like unobtainium lately).
4. My wife will never notice "one more box" when I'm already rebuilding the system and damn it it's my birthday, I deserve it. :D

I've never seen one of those before. A little out out of my price range but very cool!

And your secret is safe with us ;)
"The Cellar" Homebrew shop in Oshgosh stocks them. Picked up a couple odds and ends there a while back when I was working in the area. I just baught it from them online and paid the shipping. Way easier than driving up there and I haven't been working particularly close to the area lately.

Yes I have a dream my friends...there will come a day, after I have saved enough to build my backyard workshop/brewery, when my 3 vessel system will consist of a Spike "Tank" boil kettle, the Thermobarrel mash tun and the Digiboil will retire to a quiet life as an HLT...

Not quite sure when that day is going to be, but hey, if I keep squirreling cash away, I'll get there.

I like the idea of an insulated stainless steel tun. Looks way better than an Igloo setup. SS makes a version too, but they only have 10 and 20 gallon sizes.

I have a Sabco stainless mash, but it's not insulated. I have to wrap the tun to keep from having too much heat loss. It works, but grain and whatnot gets all over the wrap.

The Thermobarrel looks giant thermos for mashing, easy to clean too. Very nice tun!

I like the idea of an insulated stainless steel tun. Looks way better than an Igloo setup. SS makes a version too, but they only have 10 and 20 gallon sizes.

I have a Sabco stainless mash, but it's not insulated. I have to wrap the tun to keep from having too much heat loss. It works, but grain and whatnot gets all over the wrap.

The Thermobarrel looks giant thermos for mashing, easy to clean too. Very nice tun!
I'm currently using a similar setup wrapped in refectix, and it is a pain to clean, get stuff between the reflectix and the kettle all the time. Really looking forward to this new one.

Looks nice, I am like a monkey with a Shiney thing.

That said, I do herms recirc, so have no need.

Back