Chalkboard Bottles

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
i've finally turned my bottles into little chalkboards. No more duct tape labeling.

If you're like me who only brews in small batches, and only bottles, no kegging, i seriously recommend this as a cheap and easy way to keep your bottles labeled.

Valspar Chalkboard spray paint, $6.00
Newspaper, free delivered to my door for some reason.
Masking tape, $2.00
2 boxes of Crayola Chalk + 1 wet erasable chalk marker, $5.00 total

I might respray my bottles now, and mask off from the neck up, so we can draw all over the bottles, But here's a look at what i've got. The paint has already held up to a StarSan wash, and a couple of wipedowns from testing different chalks and such. Super worth it for being able to spend under $15

12715482_10153857573869299_8127545204102407369_n.jpg

that's pretty smart. i just write on the bottle cap now sometimes using colored caps for different types of beer.

Idk if i'd do this for all my 12 oz bottles, but I can see it being useful to dress up the 22oz bottles for gifts and such

thanks!

I use peel-and-stick labels and scrub them off with a stainless steel scrubber once the bottle is empty.

that looks to be a good idea. I don't bottle much, but I am interested in how they hold up to repeated use. Please get back with the results after a few batches.

i used Valspar chalkboard Spray Paint. Masked it off with newspaper and painters tape in a square. Paint dried in about 10 minutes or so.

Back