carbonation issue in bottles

griz

Trial Member
Reaction score
Greetings. A few months ago, I made a smoked maple syrup, smoked bacon and smoked scotch porter. I added a posting in the forum about this batch taking forever to finish fermenting. I finally was able to get this batch bottled, but it fermented for weeks!!. It has been over a month since being bottled and the beer is still not very carbonated (I used the sugar calculator and know I added the proper amount).

I am hopeful since this beer has stretched the time limit in its process that it will come around. But if it doesn't, has anyone ever moved flat bottled beer into a keg? I figure if this batch doesn't carbonate, what do I have to lose if I try carbonating it in a keg? Or is there too much chance of infection? Or would that process change the flavor of the beer? Or is this just a bad far reaching idea????

I spent a hell of a lot of time making this batch and would be bummed if it doesn't come out. Thanks!

if you have a C02 tank its fine "but" it will foam so much that it will take a while, so fill slow on the side like pouring a draw then purge with c02 at least 3 or 4 times over an hour to get the oxygen out, the taste will be the same

Back