Can't SAVE Custom Fermentable

Megary

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to add a Custom Fermentable to my inventory but the green SAVE button won't highlight for me to click. I believe I have everything filled out properly, but maybe I'm missing something.

If I try to EDIT any of the custom fermentables already in my inventory, the SAVE button highlights like it's should.

Curious if anyone has this issue??

I'm trying to add a Custom Fermentable to my inventory but the green SAVE button won't highlight for me to click. I believe I have everything filled out properly, but maybe I'm missing something.

If I try to EDIT any of the custom fermentables already in my inventory, the SAVE button highlights like it's should.

Curious if anyone has this issue??

It's probably missing one of the required entries, like PPG, DP, or lovibond. If that's not the case, can you provide a screenshot of your inventory window so I can investigate?

I've submit a request to add indicators for all required fields, and an error message / tooltip on the save button when it's not-usable.

09264671-06DD-47F8-B2BC-7241A5D73CB7.jpeg

I just figured it out...I think.

The Pale Oats are a new Custom Fermentable for me.
Deer Creek is NOT a new Brand for me.

When I used the drop down and selected Deer Creek from the list of malts and then typed in Pale Oats, the SAVE button would not highlight.
But when I typed in Deer Creek under brand and selected "Add Deer Creek" (even though it was already there), then typed in Pale Oats, the SAVE button lit up.

It had nothing to do with PPG, L, DP fields at all. It's more an issue with adding a custom fermentable to an already custom brand. Not sure that makes any sense at all, but that's the best I got. o_O

I just figured it out...I think.

The Pale Oats are a new Custom Fermentable for me.
Deer Creek is NOT a new Brand for me.

When I used the drop down and selected Deer Creek from the list of malts and then typed in Pale Oats, the SAVE button would not highlight.
But when I typed in Deer Creek under brand and selected "Add Deer Creek" (even though it was already there), then typed in Pale Oats, the SAVE button lit up.

It had nothing to do with PPG, L, DP fields at all. It's more an issue with adding a custom fermentable to an already custom brand. Not sure that makes any sense at all, but that's the best I got. o_O
Thanks for the report and clarification. We've recently submitted a related improvement for needing to click that "add ____", I'll add your reply to that ticket and see if it can be applied to the inventory and shopping lists as well.

@Megary Thanks for your patience, just because it's a small ticket doesn't mean we forget about you! A release has come out last night to indicate required fields, so hopefully this confusion won't happen again.

Back