Can OG value be adjusted in the recipe builder?

Montego

Premium Member
Reaction score
The calculator indicates the recipe should result in an OG of 1.080. The observed in my brew was 1.083. Is there a way to adjust the recipe builder?

For sure going by your efficiency settings or by adding less base malt in your case or even changing your yeast to a less attenuating one. Mmm maybe not this last one:).

But you know what would be perfect if you elaborated a little more on your recipe and your equipment profile then we can try and help you nail your predicted OG.

Remember your recipe bassed og is an estimation only you may get better or worse efficiency and then throw your numbers off.

Last edited:
If this happens consistently, or at least more than once, your efficiency is likely better that what you have listed in the software. If you have the same volume as in your settings, then you can change the efficiency up a % or two, and that should predict the OG more accurately for you.

Looks like there's an assumption he's using an all grain recipe. It might be an extract recipe. Could be the water is off a bit. Could be the extract (if that's the case) has a higher OG than the database thinks it has. 3 points is really not a huge deal. I'd be happy with that.

I find if the yeast don't attenuate as well then them extra mash points do t mean much and will all sorta even out in the end.

Back