Can I save My Brew.

WelshBrew

Trial Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a pressure keg online.On the first batch of Woodfordes Wherry Bitter (23litre), once the keg had been filled I notices a large crack leaking from the tap. I quickly restrillised the primary fermenter and poured the beer back into it. Unfortunatly the beer was primed with 75g of young's brewing sugar. I wont have a new keg for atleast a week. Is there anyway of saving this beer ?
Re add yeast?

If it was me I would keep it chilled (if its ale yeast) and when the new keg arrives rack it.
Whenever you over process beer there's a chance of contamination but if that happened already not much you can do now.
If it was already at fermentation temp and is starting to work the airlock then maybe just wait for it to finish fermenting the sugar and try agin with the new keg and new priming sugar. The beer shouldn't change much with only that amount of sugar. It may lighten it but probably not enough to really notice a difference. Nothing wrong with a little more alcohol!
Shouldn't need to add yeast, should be enough there to ferment if it was there to prime.

Back