Building your water.

snook8587

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Does anyone build their own water using the advanced water chemistry calculator? If so, I am building my water profile and adding salt additions and acid, it seems like it's working. In the end my PH is hitting what the calculator showed, although my water is milky white, does anyone know how long it takes the salts to go into suspension or is it ok to brew like it is.

I too have been wondering about your question about the cloudy water when adding salt ions, but if you are following the water calculator it should be ok. I tried lime softening once and got cloudy water, ended up dumping it. I wish someone would sell something other than burton water salts for ro water. I know that its not that hard to do your self but I think simple salt packets for 5, 10 gal batches would sell.

before you can use someone else's water profile you first need to know what your water is made from and get it tested for all the minerals in the charts, then adjust from there

adjusting a simple ph change and doing a complete water profile are 2 different things

Quality Home Brew said:
before you can use someone else's water profile you first need to know what your water is made from and get it tested for all the minerals in the charts, then adjust from there

adjusting a simple ph change and doing a complete water profile are 2 different things
I had the water tested and have all the base water info input into the calculator, my only question was how long does it take for everything to go into solution if it's not saturated. Can you use the water if it's still cloudy.

this is what I do ...add your mix to a small amount of water, stir as much as needed, pour that into your pot of water then stir that as much as needed, then bring the water to your 152 to 162 range, stir again if needed then add the grain or add the grain then stir your call, don't worry about the color just make sure its desolved

Back