Bug Report: Special Characters in Tags

Steve Buck

Premium Plus Member
Reaction score
Apologies first off if this has been reported, I searched forums and couldn't find it.

Background:
I started adding my equipment in inventory and was looking to tag it with the stage, just to use the tagging feature. I was doing this as a "Stage: Brew", "Stage: Ferment" etc.

Problem:
All was well with this and it was grouping the tagging properly until I would edit one of these items. I noticed in the editor that the tag was changed to have the percent/hex codes in the tag instead of the space and colon. When I saved it some of the other items also came up with the hex codes and some did not (even with the same tag).

Steps to Reproduce:
Initial Issue:
  1. Create equipment in the Inventory Module
  2. Add a tag to the equipment with special characters (I used "Stage: Brew")
  3. Save the equipment in inventory.
  4. Edit inventory item (I did not edit the tag this time)
  5. Save inventory item
  6. Inventory item will display as "Stage%3A%20Brew"
Multiple Tag Displays
  1. Once the tag is exhibiting the error, edit one of the inventory items
  2. Change the tag back to "Stage: Brew"
  3. Save the inventory item
  4. Tag will display as "Stage: Brew" however the other tags will still show "Stage%3A%20Brew", thus matching to the same tag.
Displayed On:
System: Intel 2019 MacBook Pro
O/S: 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser: Chrome - 108.0.5359.98 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Screenshot of issue:
kmR2eWu.png

Apologies first off if this has been reported, I searched forums and couldn't find it.

Background:
I started adding my equipment in inventory and was looking to tag it with the stage, just to use the tagging feature. I was doing this as a "Stage: Brew", "Stage: Ferment" etc.

Problem:
All was well with this and it was grouping the tagging properly until I would edit one of these items. I noticed in the editor that the tag was changed to have the percent/hex codes in the tag instead of the space and colon. When I saved it some of the other items also came up with the hex codes and some did not (even with the same tag).

Steps to Reproduce:
Initial Issue:
  1. Create equipment in the Inventory Module
  2. Add a tag to the equipment with special characters (I used "Stage: Brew")
  3. Save the equipment in inventory.
  4. Edit inventory item (I did not edit the tag this time)
  5. Save inventory item
  6. Inventory item will display as "Stage%3A%20Brew"
Multiple Tag Displays
  1. Once the tag is exhibiting the error, edit one of the inventory items
  2. Change the tag back to "Stage: Brew"
  3. Save the inventory item
  4. Tag will display as "Stage: Brew" however the other tags will still show "Stage%3A%20Brew", thus matching to the same tag.
Displayed On:
System: Intel 2019 MacBook Pro
O/S: 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser: Chrome - 108.0.5359.98 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Screenshot of issue:
kmR2eWu.png
Thanks for the request, I'll open a ticket to keep track of it and work it in once higher priorities are taken care of.

Back