Brewing session

Karl

Trial Member
Reaction score
Tested out the brewing session and the brewhouse efficiency by entering data from my personal logg book. Three things which came out unexpected was:

Times (clock) could not be entered (only date), but seemed to be locked into the current time for all entries. Ended up in totally wrong meshing times of course.

Part drainage of meshing tank between infusion stages were not allowed. Only full drainage. Gave wrong temperatures for specified infusion water quantities.

Recalculation of efficiency calculations could not be done after I adjusted the water evaporation rate in my equipment profile.

Josh is going to review your issues and post what he comes up with.

Just letting you know.

Hi Karl,
Thanks for trying out the Brew Session features. After reviewing that part of the site myself, I definitely agree it could use some new features. Per your suggestions, specifically we need:
1. Ability to edit timing. Everything is based on when you click the buttons on the page currently, assuming you're doing that as you're performing whatever step you're adding. Obviously that's not always the case. A simple Edit Time feature would help.
2. Partial Drainage. Ability to enter a quantity on the "Drain to Kettle" step.
3. Efficiency Recalculation. Honestly I need to research this one more. I believe the brew session calculator might be grabbing a snapshot of the equipment profile when doing calculations, so we need a way to refresh that.

I'm adding all three of these to our issue tracking system and hope to make some progress on them in the near future.

Josh

Your ISSUE TRACKING SYSTEM must be very long

Are there any that have been completed?

I recently reviewed the BLOG and highly recommend all members to scroll through all the fantastic entries over the years. There is a wealth of knowledge!

Unfortunately, the only blog entry over the past year is an announcement of a merger.

My membership is up for renewal, and I will renew, because I feel BF is still the best product available. But I do not have high expectations for any changes or improvements.

Just dont screw up what you have now!

You're absolutely right, the tracking system is enormous at the moment. I'm doing my best to boil down all the great feedback, requests, bugs, etc. into a prioritized list. We're all very excited to get Brewer's Friend back on the path of rapid development, frequent updates, etc. and hope to get to that pace as soon as we can. In the short term, I'm focusing on getting the code to a place where we can make frequent ingredient updates, as that's been one of the most requested changes. I hope to wrap up the underlying development for that soon and then we'll be focusing getting all the ingredient lists up to date. Austin and I will do our best to keep you all in the loop on what's coming next. Thanks for sticking with us - we're eager to get the site and communication back to the level we all expect.

Krimbos said:
Josh

Your ISSUE TRACKING SYSTEM must be very long

Are there any that have been completed?

I recently reviewed the BLOG and highly recommend all members to scroll through all the fantastic entries over the years. There is a wealth of knowledge!

Unfortunately, the only blog entry over the past year is an announcement of a merger.

My membership is up for renewal, and I will renew, because I feel BF is still the best product available. But I do not have high expectations for any changes or improvements.

Just dont screw up what you have now!

I have, and will continue to apologize for the lack of development in the past, but with Josh on board we're turning that around.

I have asked Josh for regular updates on what he's working on, what's been completed, and what the plans are for the future. I will be doing social and blog updates to let you guys know what's going on.

Again, I am very sorry for the lapse in communication, and programming, but that is not an error that will be repeated as long as I'm heading things up.

Back