Brewing Sculpture dimensions?

ChilliMayne

Trial Member
Reaction score
Would anyone know where I could get exact dimensions for the following brewing sculpture?

http://morebeer.com/view_product/8914/1 ... wSculpture

Its the gravity one. I cant source one here in Ireland and to buy from these guys, the shipping costs alone from the US would double the price.Trying to get one made locally :ugeek:
Any help, greatly appreciated

There are some stats on the product page itself (which no doubt you have seen). Before I built my 3-tier system I flipped through the PDF they have. I bet if you called them they would give you some pointers.

My advice would be to give yourself a little extra room. Make sure you know what kettles you are going with first, since that dictates a lot. I also screwed my stand into the studs of the shed with lag bolts, it's not going anywhere.

Have fun working on your sculpture - good times!

I feel positively stone-age heaving my plastic buckets onto a stack of boxes.

I don't mean to rain on the parade but couldn't you accomplish the same gravity-driven effect by, for instance, taking a drill/tinsnips to some flatpack metal shelving units? That certainly wouldn't cost $1,500 to make!

JAMC said:
I feel positively stone-age heaving my plastic buckets onto a stack of boxes.

I don't mean to rain on the parade but couldn't you accomplish the same gravity-driven effect by, for instance, taking a drill/tinsnips to some flatpack metal shelving units? That certainly wouldn't cost $1,500 to make!

+1. I use a couple five gallon drywall compound buckets w/ lids to set my carboy on to transfer to the keg.

Wood with tile worked great for me.

Yeah, since you are already going DIY anyway, you can save some $$$ for other stuff. We have a cool recycled building materials center in town, that would be a fun place to scout for parts. If you know how to weld, the local scrap yard could be an option too. Retro look would be cool. Remember, you can go functional, AND you can make it look cool.

I suppose having a heat source at each level is what appeals to me.
Not being able to weld and having no time to access spare parts to construct is the whole point in getting the exact dimensions and having somebody local do it for me and in turn not pay 1500 bucks and more... :roll:

You could also consider doing a one level brew rig, and get a pump.

A pump is also great for the chilling phase when using an immersion chiller. You can whirpool the wort and speed up the chilling process.

If you're not happy to weld then it may be worth thinking about an electric based, timber framed system instead of a gas fired, metal framed system. The alternative is to pay to get someone to do it for you - which is likely to get quite expensive.

If you're thinking about pumps, I saw this recently which looks like a suitable entry level pump for a small system. Considered getting one myself, particularly when you consider how costly those March pumps are...

Thanks for the inputs. Not interested in a pump.
Pumps need electric power however little, and Im not going down that route. Need to keep costs and junk to a minimum.Butane is also a cost I hear you cry but whataryagonnado!

Hey Chille
How about just buying pieces of threaded pipe and screw it all together?
Any plumbing or big box store will have pre-cut lengths (shorts) that are threaded. if you can get some rough dimensions, I think you could just buy a bunch of shorts and fittings. Get a pipe wrench and in a couple hours you could build it. Then you'd just have to get the burners and mount them.

Cheers buddy
I've sourced a guy who'll do it but we haven't set a price yet!
I'll keep ye posted
Unfortunately in The Emerald Isle we don't have
As much choice in the DIY store division to source
Such items
Cheers for the input

Back