Brewing beer and paying the price

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I recently brewed and fermented a beer outside in the heat using Hornindal Kveik as a test, 90 and above temps in a metal fermenter sitting at my covered deck while sipping beer, then I suddenly started getting bombarded by what I thought was biting flies and sure enough that did happen along with a few buddies which caused welts all down my arms legs and even my neck, I couldn't figure out what was going on and found this researching, so be warned, this year is bad they say

Funny
Mosquitos typically don't bother me too much, but my daughter who does not drink beer, gets eaten alive.
She thinks that it is more to do with blood type, she is A, I am O Neg.
Or, maybe you just need to drink enough beer to scare them off!

Sophie obviously doesn’t drink but swells up in a serious way with mosquito bites.

Mosquitos see in infrared and can smell (and are attracted by) CO2. But some people seem to be more attacked than others. My father never got a bite, my mother couldn't go outside.

I'm one of the lucky ones that rarely gets bitten and when, nothing happens. My wife is the opposite. I feel for all of you who attract the most dangerous creature on Earth aside from Man.

Except when I was in Alaska. I think those mosquitos would bite a log.

Funny
Mosquitos typically don't bother me too much, but my daughter who does not drink beer, gets eaten alive.
She thinks that it is more to do with blood type, she is A, I am O Neg.
Or, maybe you just need to drink enough beer to scare them off!
Funny that: i have blood type A and I hardly get bitten.
But I do occasionally. After all I got down with malaria earlier this year...
I blame it on not having had enough to drink :)

My theory, if you have enough alcohol in your body, mozzie bites, is instantly drunk and forgets to infect you with the virus ....

Funny that: i have blood type A and I hardly get bitten.
But I do occasionally. After all I got down with malaria earlier this year...
I blame it on not having had enough to drink :)

My theory, if you have enough alcohol in your body, mozzie bites, is instantly drunk and forgets to infect you with the virus ....
So much for the blood type theory!

I'm A- and mosquitos don't really have any interest in me.

Back