Brewers best in the cold.

Brewer #415934

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I live in an almost remote area and have to have all my *kits* shipped. Does anyone have any experience with the brewers best being shipped over a week? Now to say the least we do get to the -30 celcius on a regular up here!! My issue is with the ingredients freezing. would they be ok even after being froze?

I live in an almost remote area and have to have all my *kits* shipped. Does anyone have any experience with the brewers best being shipped over a week? Now to say the least we do get to the -30 celcius on a regular up here!! My issue is with the ingredients freezing. would they be ok even after being froze?
Get dry yeast. You might want to do a starter, but should live through it.

Hops and grain won't effected.

Get dry yeast. You might want to do a starter, but should live through it.

Hops and grain won't effected.
but would the LME still be ok to brew with if it does freeze in these sub zero temps? this will be sitting out in the cold unless they decide I have to go and pick it up in town.

but would the LME still be ok to brew with if it does freeze in these sub zero temps? this will be sitting out in the cold unless they decide I have to go and pick it up in town.
Once it thaws? Maybe? Do they have DME instead?

Once it thaws? Maybe? Do they have DME instead?
FERMENTABLES3.3 lb. Extra Light LME1 lb. Lactose1 lb. Corn SugarSPECIALTY GRAINS8 oz. BiscuitHOPS1 oz. UK FuggleYEAST1 SachetFLAVORING4 oz. Brewer Best® NaturalCoconut Flavoring would be the ingredient list

FERMENTABLES3.3 lb. Extra Light LME1 lb. Lactose1 lb. Corn SugarSPECIALTY GRAINS8 oz. BiscuitHOPS1 oz. UK FuggleYEAST1 SachetFLAVORING4 oz. Brewer Best® NaturalCoconut Flavoring would be the ingredient list
I presume the coconut flavoring is in alcohol or dry, that is ok. The rest are definitely ok. Of course, you can ask the seller about it.

If it has dry yeast, there is really nothing that can go bad from freezing. I store dry yeast in the freezer.

Liquid yeast should not freeze. It really raises the number of dead cells. You can freeze liquid yeast, but you need to preserve it in a 15% glycerin solution prior to freezing. Liquid yeast sold commercially is not intended to be frozen.

Back