Brew Timer

jeffpn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is my second brew in a row where I've lost my timer. It seems if I use other apps on my phone too much, when I reopen Brewer's Friend, it'll be on a main screen, instead of my active timer. When I go to brew timers, it's not running, and hasn't started. I will get a notification from my phone when the mash is done, but I don't know of a way to check the status of the current timer. What am I missing?

I'll have Josh check it out.

What device and operating system are you using?

I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus. iOS 8.2

I lost my active timer again. You guys should consider making this a 99¢ app like most apps sell for. I would think that a $9 app wouldn't need a backup timer to make sure I know when the mash will be over.

I lost my timer again. Good thing I own a watch. Your timer is not dependable.

Looks like support has been on break since May 5. How about fixing your $9 app??? :mad:

Not only did I lose my mash timer, I lost my timer on the boil, too. Nice $9 app.

Just to try to keep this thread fresh and hopefully noticed, I'll be brewing tonight. I'll let you know if I lose my timer screen.

Well how is that for irony? In posting to the forum here, I lost my brew timer already. Didn't even take 10 minutes this time. :mad:

I restarted the edited timer during the mash, but I lost it again. Who's in charge of support????

Hi guys, I'm very sorry this thread got lost in our support. I'm going to do my best to figure this out asap. I definitely understand the frustration with this not working on a full-price app. Please bear with me and I'll get back to you soon.

7 minutes into the mash, and my timer is gone already. I would expect a $9 app to work flawlessly. Maybe you should consider lowering the price to 99¢.

I had deleted the chiller and lid timers when my mash timer was running. I went back to the app to check on the timer, and of course, like every brew session, the timers were all at their respective start times, and not running. Also, the timers I had deleted were back. Please fix your overpriced $9 app.

In fairness, I will report that I did not lose my brew timers. I have no idea what I did differently.

Thanks for reporting Jeff. So far our only idea on this is that you might be running out of memory on your phone. We're working on another update that will preserve timers and data even if the app crashes, but this will take some time.

I have 36.3 gig left on my 128 gig iPhone.

Back