Brew steps to suggest a brew session measurement/log entry

DonY

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I'm busy during a brew session it's easy to forget (especially for newbies) to take appropriate measurements during the process such as actual mash volume, mash pH at appropriate time intervals, end of mash gravity, volume into kettle/pre-boil vol, post boil gravity (OG). Also having pre brew steps to get measurement devices calibrated such as thermometer, refractometer, pH meter.

Also, reminders for appropriate measurements during/after fermentation to calc brewery efficiency and efficiency to packaging. As a BIAB brewer I can use this to adjust my equipment profile to account for losses to target the final volume into packaging (bottles) I desire for my recipe types. Ideally I could have equipment profiles for recipes with high trub, low trub, brewing in warm ambient vs low ambient temps (affects boil off/evap rates per hour), etc.

Just a thought to help brewers during a hectic brew session and especially when consumption of homebrew may be part of the brew day :). Every little prompt helps.

Re: Brew steps to suggest a brew session measurement/log ent

I totally agree. I want to add custom brew steps. Esp around mashing.
PH readings/adjustments, boil adjustments and note taking. How could I do that so the next recipe, I can add and adjust the target I want to see?

Besides adding custom brew steps to your own account only, it would be nice to tag it to a public recipe and it comes up filled out that way to the brewer as it was intended but allowing the brewer to deselect anything

I agree. Since I'm still calibrating my gear and process I would like to be reminded to do certain steps, or to add something which has to be done before the next brew session. For example, before I do my next batch I need to engrave volume markings into my kettle. I suppose I could write it elsewhere but it would be neat to have it integrated into the rest of the brew process.

Agreed!! I'm just playing around with BF and looking forward to my first brew using it. I can already tell the most helpful thing it needs is to be able to make custom brew day lists! Everyone brews a little differently, has different equipment, etc.

Back