Brew Session => Target Preboil Gravity

BS

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It would be nice for the Brew Session to have a prominent display area for the target pre-boil gravity. Between the info stored in the Equipment Profile and the Boil Time stored on the Brew Session, it seems the software should be able to tell me what pre-boil gravity I'm targeting to boil down to my target OG post-boil.

I know that the Brew Log supports recording a pre-boil gravity and that the software can calculate pre-boil efficiency. I'm just looking for a prominent reminder of what I'm shooting for in that pre-boil reading (i.e. somewhere up there with the OG and FG).

Take the (purely) hypothetical example of a brewer who gets a little distracted (or has one too many Belgians) during his mash. It would be easy (hypothetically, of course) for a person in this condition to mistake his OG for his pre-boil target and unnecessarily add DME to try and correct (not that I've ever known anyone who did this).

Thanks for the consideration!

PS - Apologies to the English majors -- "pre-boil" throws off the search tool and I was trying to make it easier for others to find this topic than it was for me to find that it didn't exist :D

+ one on this, I'm pretty sure this was a feature in the past..

no reply from the developers?

the recipe has it in the top specs, if you print it out like i do and set it next to your timer you can double check as you go

Thanks Ozarks - I completely missed that!

OK - I'd like to revise my request to add a "Check preboil gravity" to the Brew Steps (showing the calculated boil gravity that's already in the system).

It's there, but bablitz and I flat missed it and Ozarks says he prints it out so that he has this to look at. Seems most people take a preboil gravity reading as a step, so having the value included in the Brew Steps would just make it easier.

Thanks, I was missing it as well, probably didn't have the stats checked last couple of times...doh

Back