Brew Session Recipe View Display Not Updating from Brew Log.

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
A long title but there seems to be a problem with the View recipe option not being updated from the brew log.

This was noticed as I have a recipe fermenting and a Tilt sending me the progress data. During the fermentation my Raspberry Pi Wifi packed in so I have relied on manually updating the Fermentation process with a Sample log entry. The Tilt is still working and sending the data to my back up monitor (an old android phone) so I get the daily progress data that way and do the log update manually.

This means that I have some Tilt data early on in the fermentation process followed by manual Sample entries.

The Fermentation section correctly displays ALL the data points BUT when you select the VIEW button the graph displays only the early Tilt entries. The system is not updating the View graph correctly.

Fig 1 - The full, correct Fermentation progress displayed at the Fermentation tab

upload_2021-11-18_12-35-44.png

Fig 2 - The current Data log including Tilt and Manual entries. The last Tilt entry is on Sunday but manual Sample entries exist up to Thursday (today)

upload_2021-11-18_12-36-21.png

Fig 3 - From the Fermentation screen select the RECIPE button

upload_2021-11-18_12-41-15.png

Fig 4 - The displayed graph does not have any entries after the last Tilt data point

upload_2021-11-18_12-45-25.png

Over to you Mark.

I don't know if this has been attended to already but if so then it didn't work - there is still an issue with it.
My recipe brew session includes manual entries (Sample) and, later on in the fermentation process, Tilt entries.
When switching to the recipe View the manual entries are all ignored...

The recipe is Mentored 5 gallons UK if you want to view it in detail.

upload_2022-1-31_15-58-50.png

Recipe View
upload_2022-1-31_15-59-15.png

The Log entries (partial)
upload_2022-1-31_16-2-12.png

It's still on the list to attend to. I added a note to it, so that it can be brought to the forefront. Thanks, Alan!

Thanks for the ping @Yooper, @AHarper, our developer re-discovered a forgotten user setting.

If you change this dropdown to Yes Alan, it should start working as intended.

eb76b2b9-4bff-41e8-ba08-b5f5ac4ffc09

IDK why it exists, we'll revisit the feature at a point in the future.

Thanks for the ping @Yooper, @AHarper, our developer re-discovered a forgotten user setting.

If you change this dropdown to Yes Alan, it should start working as intended.

eb76b2b9-4bff-41e8-ba08-b5f5ac4ffc09

IDK why it exists, we'll revisit the feature at a point in the future.

Yes just tested this and it does work. Thanks for the pointer - I had no idea about that flag and if I did I had forgotten about it. I have set it up now. Thanks again.

I saw an earlier post about tracking Ambient Temperature but I suspect that is part of the Professional package and not relevant to me anyway - I couldn't track that except for a manual entry and since I could not control the ambient temperature of my garage due to the cost of heating, it would not be a practical exercise.
I am working on a method of tracking the fermenting pH but that is another story.

Back