Brew Session Log Anomalies

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
If, like me, you have a Tilt that produces entries into the Fermentation section of a Brew session then the entries from the tilt are added to any manually entered log entries.
When you come to export the data you get some strange entries in the data that indicate incorrect conversion.

Sample Export Data
upload_2021-6-18_15-48-17.png

Problem A - Line 2 in above screen shot.
A manual entry has the Source as Brewlog with a "created_at" time field value of T18:05:00+01:00.
The +01:00 part is, I assume, something to do with the time zone offset but the displayed data, when the mouse is held over the graph at the associated location shows the time at 18:05:00. What is the +01:00 value doing here then?
Either it is being used or it is not. What is going on here? The correct time was 18:05 by the way!
upload_2021-6-18_15-58-30.png

If you look at Line 3 in the above data the "created_at" field value shows a value of T18:12:31+00:00 yet the mouse graphic (for want of a better name) displays:
upload_2021-6-18_16-4-26.png

So now the graphic is ADDING an hour to the data value - 7:12 pm as opposed to 18:12? What is going on here?
An explanation please. You can not trust the data export as it does not compute!!!! - well something doesn't.

Problem B - Temperature conversion
I work in Metric so my temperatures are in °C.
The temperature values coming in from the Tilt are sent in °F values. I suspect that that is the format put out by the Tilt system (it being an American product) and that the conversion is done in the Display section of the application so the user can see the temperature in the expected format.
In all the Tilt data lines shown above the Value of the temperature has been converted into °C correctly but the Units are still exported as °F.

I know that a recent update has corrected the values into °C but this bit of the conversion has been overlooked.

Back