Brew Feature

Discussion in 'Recipe Editor' started by Christopher John VanDenToorn, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Christopher John VanDenToorn

I signed up a little less than a month ago and uploaded a recipe with no problem. However, when I clicked the "Brew" button the following came up:

"We're sorry, the system is having difficulty right now. Administrators have been notified. RDWHAHB!"

It was frustrating at the time, but I just went on with my brew session and kept my notes in an normal spreadsheet like I always had. But now, I am trying to use the brew feature again and I still get the same message! Will this be fixed anytime soon? If not, how do I go about getting a refund? Without being able to use all the features that you advertise, the membership is not worth it to me...

Chris

2. McKnuckle

McKnuckle Member

For what it's worth, I have never experienced that issue in about 20 brews plus numerous additional started/aborted ones. Hopefully it was just a glitch? I tried just now and it worked fine.

3. Christopher John VanDenToorn

That's odd. I've tried it numerous times last night and just now, it still gives me the same response. It's doing this on my smartphone app as well as the website when I pull it up on my computer...

I hope you're right and it is just a glitch because I really like the wealth of calculators and other assets that Brewer's Friend has to offer. But if I can't actually brew then what's the point.

4. Josh (Brewer's Friend)

Josh (Brewer's Friend) Administrator
    Staff Member

Home Page:
    Hi Chris, this is a long shot, but I've seen this happen once in a while when the account doesn't have an equipment profile configured. I'm still trying to figure out how accounts get into this state, but adding a new default profile seemed to help. Could that be the case with yours? Or do you have one already?