Brew Bubbles: Web-Enabled Airlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it help you to make better beer?

Really comes down to what you're into. Even though it may or may not make something better doesn't mean it isn't interesting, fun, and maybe useful to others. Best thing about Homebrew is you can do it for you, how you want it, and do it how it makes you happy and brings enjoyment.

When I make my wine and mead I tend to let nature do its thing. With beer, I enjoy the technical challenge of not only making good beer but reproducing that. One of the most interesting discussions I had a while back was with some of the guys at AHB. We all make fun of Bud Light, but I'll bet there are very few people who can make it over and over again, in multiple cities, and have it taste just the same.

Does this help make better beer? Maybe. The temperature being the more interesting part in that respect. If you identify something is off and don't know why a look at the temp log might tell you that every day at 2:00 PM the temp goes way up. Sunlight coming in the window? It's happened! (albeit in an office heat/cooling system scenario.)

Maybe serendipity happened and you made an awesome beer and can't reproduce it, Maybe the temp was the reason. Who knows?

The information helps you make better beer. This is just a source of potential information. If you have no other way of trending your temps, maybe this helps in that respect.

I see a lot of swagger here - good for you that you're that way and all-natural and stuff. As I said, I never really wanted (or even expected) a bunch of negative feedback. If you feel that way about it - it's not for you. Stop by the cashier and get a refund on the way out.

Never bought it, so no need to stop by the cashier. ;)

And as a suggestion, there’s a couple very experienced brewers* in here that you might want to consider their information before reacting negatively. After all, you are trying to sell.

ps. I’m not one of them.

Never bought it, so no need to stop by the cashier. ;)

And as a suggestion, there’s a couple very experienced brewers* in here that you might want to consider their information before reacting negatively. After all, you are trying to sell.

ps. I’m not one of them.

1. I've been brewing since early 1991.
  2. I've been a BJCP judge since the mid-90's (C0159)
  3. I'm not quite sure how to tell you differently that this is not for sale; it's something I developed and gave to the community for free

Dude, you are getting something most companies would pay large amounts of money for, honest and open feedback from your potential market, for free. Take the gift, man!

Dude, you are getting something most companies would pay large amounts of money for, honest and open feedback from your potential market, for free. Take the gift, man!
Dude, there is no market! What part of "not for sale" are you not getting? I have no intention of monetizing this product.

Do you think your feedback is somehow worth money? Free gift? Please, take it back and give it to one of your sycophants.

Hey, just in case there was anyone interested in this, the offer stands and the support mechanism is as I stated in the original post. I've clicked the "unfollow thread" button and to be honest, I won't be back to the forums.

I created something, gave it to the community, and then worked with Josh and the other fine folks here to have it incorporated into the website software that you already use to track your beers. All of this was at no additional cost. You don't want it? You got exactly what you asked for.

I can honestly say I've never met a bunch of people like this since beginning in Homebrewing, and I hope I never do again.

People- I don't get your objections. If you don't want to use it, fine. But to denigrate something because you don't want to use it bothers me. We're usually a laid-back good natured bunch. Lee has been working with Brewer's Friend on this for a while so I don't see why we're so antagonistic.

Since there is nothing for sale here, and we're working together on this, there is no "spam" "monetizing" or anything at all like that.

@Lee Bussy I'm really sorry for this. I'll close this thread and if someone is looking for support they can open a new thread.

Lee and I have been fellow homebrewers (and soapmakers also) a very long time.
He has the blessing of the site owners, the developers and the others. This is very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back