Brand Name field not sorting correctly?

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
BETA does NOT have this problem.
##################################

I had need to review a recipe to allow for the change of ingredient type based on recent purchase and Inventory update. This lead to a discovery of the Sort Function of the Fermentables list. The Brand name field does not seem to be being handled correctly when a Sort is performed.
Original Recipe Listing
upload_2019-3-24_12-51-10.png

The Offending Fermentable to be changed - Maris Otter. I no longer have enough of this so I have purchased a replacement grain and have updated my Inventory accordingly.
upload_2019-3-24_12-52-1.png

The Inventory Drop-Down
upload_2019-3-24_12-53-53.png

The new grain inserted form the Inventory - note the additional BRAND field now added to the screen area.
upload_2019-3-24_12-54-49.png

Scroll up to remove the out-of-date grain.
upload_2019-3-24_12-56-23.png

Back to alter the volume of the newly inserted Inventory grain that has a BRAND entry.
The grain listed above the new entry is one of the original other grains - Note without a BRAND entry.

upload_2019-3-24_12-58-49.png

Select the SORT button to rearrange the listing.
upload_2019-3-24_13-3-32.png

The new entry now at the top of the list
upload_2019-3-24_13-5-1.png

but scroll down and look at the bottom of the list... something has screwed up here.
The Fermentable grain has been inserted into the block that was originally at the bottom of the list rather than the whole original block being moved... OUCH!!!

upload_2019-3-24_13-6-21.png

Sorry developers. I thought you might like to know what the over-complicated (in my opinion) has caused. It is no longer a simple sort of names.

Last edited:
Additionally... when you go to view the saved recipe there is a consequence of the sort going wrong.
The fermentable name is concatenated with the extra, incorrect field.
upload_2019-3-24_13-20-2.png

This is with LIVE not BETA version. Just to let you know. I'l check out the Beta version now.

It's fixed in beta, and should be all set. Please let us know if you have any issues with the beta. We plan on having it go live in about two days- so all the bugs should be worked out (fingers crossed)!

Back