Bourbon barrel Porter

If your beer was fully fermented before going to secondary you won't have any further fermentation in there. There shouldn't be much if any fermentable sugars in bourbon or oak chips, so there's nothing to restart fermentation. A lot of times transferring over to secondary releases co2 that was made in primary so it looks like it's fermenting when in reality it is not. Other times there isn't enough co2 stuck in there to cause much of that activity, but it's still fine. I think if you add priming sugar and bottle you will be fine.

Here's some more data. Sorry for the lag..fell asleep in the chair last night!

The SG in the batch that I bottled last Tuesday (6 days ago today) was 1019.
The Makers is at 1020 today so up a little and inside a visual error in my opinion.
The Jameson is at 1019 today so same as a week ago.

In my mind, both batches are at virtually a stand still...but they smell great! Being a little hyper about any oxidation, after closing up my small 2.5 gallon carboy, I took a tip from brewers with kegging tools and blew some Carbon Dioxide from my SodaStream set up to help reduce the chance of yucking things up from plain old air.

I am planning to keep things in the secondary for another week to 10 days then bottle....Thought??

Nosey, thanks for the math example again....Makers is 90 proof and Jameson is 80 and my finals are 4.286% ABV in the Makers batch and 4.223 % in the Jameson.

Genius! Sessionable bourbon barrel beers! Who'd a thunk such a thing possible? I'm looking forward to your thoughts once done and the sampling begins.

Back