Bottling day samples

How did your other brews turn out after carbonation?

They actually came out pretty well. The beer is slightly more bitter than I would like, but still tasty and drinkable. The scale I have doesn't go down low enough to measure the hops for a 1 gallon batch (all I could make at the time), so I had to guesstimate.

Both the cider and perry have turned out really well. The cider has a little bit of a bite at the end, I'm hoping it mellows out a little. The perry is currently carbing, but the samples were delicious.

Next up is the first 4 or 5 gallon batch. I have mosaic, galaxy and citra. I'm thinking of doing a blend of all three for bittering, flavoring, and aroma. I have some us-04 and bry-97, might try the latter. Feeling a little more confident now that I have a way to control the temp. Wish me luck!

They actually came out pretty well. The beer is slightly more bitter than I would like, but still tasty and drinkable. The scale I have doesn't go down low enough to measure the hops for a 1 gallon batch (all I could make at the time), so I had to guesstimate.

Both the cider and perry have turned out really well. The cider has a little bit of a bite at the end, I'm hoping it mellows out a little. The perry is currently carbing, but the samples were delicious.

Next up is the first 4 or 5 gallon batch. I have mosaic, galaxy and citra. I'm thinking of doing a blend of all three for bittering, flavoring, and aroma. I have some us-04 and bry-97, might try the latter. Feeling a little more confident now that I have a way to control the temp. Wish me luck!
Good luck!
Sounds awesome. It always feels good to make something you enjoy drinking and sharing. Keep at it!

Back